The Functional Medicine approach to wellness, health restoration and disease prevention is effective for many health problems. Functional Medicine describes a holistic health approach that focuses on improving the function of each system of the body.
Instead of focusing on symptoms, Functional Medicine acts to restore and normalize the function of the major physiological systems and processes of the body. We use dietary and lifestyle corrections, nutritional supplementation, homeopathic, herbal and other natural therapies. This is why it is an effective treatment approach for almost any illness.
No drugs – No surgery – All natural
While this approach to health restoration can be successfully applied to the treatment of a wide variety of health problems, we particularly focus on helping people who are suffering from Autoimmune diseases. These include Hashimoto's Thyroiditis (90% of all hypothyroid conditions), Celiac Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Eczema, Psoriasis, and Multiple Sclerosis. Even Alzheimer's Disease and Type 2 Diabetes are now considered to be Autoimmune related.
Autoimmune DiseasesAutoimmune diseases are very common and frequently overlooked by traditional Western medicine. They are not always easy to identify and may appear to be other illnesses. If you experience any of the symptoms below on a regular basis, I recommend taking our Autoimmune Disease Survey.
Symptoms Common to Autoimmune Disorders
- Joint or muscle pain, stiffness, weakness or tremor
- Unexplained weight loss, sleep problems, intolerance to heat, rapid or irregular heart beat
- Recurring skin rashes or hives, sun-sensitivity or a butterfly shaped rash across your nose and cheeks
- Difficulty concentrating or focusing / mental fog
- Feeling tired or fatigued, unexplained weight gain or an intolerance to cold.
- Hair loss, including the outer part of the eyebrows, or white patches on the skin or inside the mouth
- Abdominal pain, blood or mucus in your stool, diarrhea or mouth ulcers
- Dry eyes, mouth or skin
- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet
- Multiple miscarriages, infertility, chronic menstrual problems